There were no fatalities from last nights storm cell in our county. No tornadoes touched down in St. Louis, either. After the nightmare of this tornado season, I think we could all use a little bright spot of news.
That being said, I am also please to report that Angela, over at Begging The Answer has nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award, which is ironic since my “style” runs along the Goodwill motif. Seriously, I dress like a Sports Lesbian. I had lesbian roommates and they were both suspicious I was just in denial about what team I played for, until they realized I was just incapable of devoting more than 40 seconds toward fixing my hair and face in the morning and thus went makeup-less and in a ponytail all the time. I could have claimed that I was grunge in the 90’s … but so few grunge people put scrunchies around their ponytails.
Anyway, as a condition of my award, I must tell you 7 random things about myself and then pass the award on to 5 other bloggers. So, here are my seven wonders:
1) I wear huge white cotton granny panties because they are comfortable and can be washed in hot water without fading.
2) My hands look just like the paws on a sea otter. I should crack abalone on my chest y’all.
3) When I was in preschool, I was flogged and pecked in a brutal attack by an irate hen. In fairness, I had totally stolen one of her baby chicks. I just wanted to pet it, but she unleashed hell on me just in case I was trying to eat it. That was a good hen. A noble hen. My role model as a mother, frankly.
4) I can flare my nostrils like a pig.
5) I wore a blue wedding dress.
6) I spent 8 weeks in Ireland, during the spring/summer of 2003.
7) I’m scared of the dark, and sleep with a nightlight … even with Sweet Babou there to protect me from monsters.
Now, for the 5 Bloggers du jour. I am picking these five because I like their style, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love my other bloggy peeps. In fact, this was really hard, because I have so many blogs in my life that I think are just awesome. I may need to drink amaretto and milk to de-stress after this.
There you have it folks.
Now, go forth and be free from tornadoes. Tornadoes are asshats.